Here is an update on the past 30 days sold activity on the West Wash Park real estate market along with the total currently active for sale properties and properties currently under contract. The simple boundaries I used for this update are S. Downing St. west to S. Lincoln St. and E. Alameda Ave. south to E. Louisiana Ave/I-25. The boundaries of West Wash Park vary from person to person, these boundaries are for simple, easy analysis of the neighborhood.
- Total currently active for sale properties – 63
- Solds properties within the past 30 days – 14
- Under contract properties – 7
- Median sale price as % of last list price – 99.76% (possibly not reflecting original list price)
- Median days on market for solds – 31
- Median days on market for all currently active listings – 81
- Median price for solds – $411,000
- Median price for currently active listings – $456,000
- Average price per sq ft SOLD – $324 (note: represents total avg. p/s/f not finished avg. p/s/f)
- Average price per sq ft ACTIVE – $325 (note: represents total avg. p/s/f not finished avg. p/s/f)
- Average price per sq ft UNDER CONTRACT – $312 (note: represents total avg. p/s/f not finished avg. p/s/f)
- Lowest sold price – $170,000
- Highest sold price – $1,007,500
- Lowest currently active list price – $165,000
- Highest currently active list price – $875,000
I last posted the WWP statistics on January 7, 2010. I have changed the format somewhat and now, among other changes, include all actives and not just active in the past 30 days.
But I’d like to make a few comparisons between that post, 6 months ago, and this most recent post, of all that can be directly correlated.
- Sold within past 30 days – then 8, now – 14
- Median sold price to most recent list price – then – 96.2%, now – 99.7%
- Median price for solds – then – $380,000, now – $411,000
- Median days on market for sold properties – then – 41 days, now – 31 days
- Median price of active listings – then – $481,000, now – $456,000
- Lowest price sold – then – $125,000, now – $170,000
- Highest price sold – then – $1,298,500, now – $1,007,500
With this data side-by-side from 6 months ago, it appears that West Wash Park is seeing a strengthening in its real estate market. With more sold properties, at a higher percentage of ask to list price with a higher median sales price and fewer days on the market. Also seeing as the median currently active price is lower now than 6 months ago and with all the above data taken into consideration, it seems to correlate to properties being priced at a more competitive price up front. Some good news for West Wash Park homeowners and hopefully helpful to anyone thinking of purchasing a property in West Wash Park.
That’s the latest real estate market recap for West Wash Park. This data used is taken directly from the Denver MLS System, Prime Access.
If you have any questions about the real estate market in West Wash Park (or Denver for that matter) or would be interested in seeing any property or finding out the value of your property, please feel free to call me anytime.
Kirk A. Hartshorn 720-244-5454 RIDE ON!